PRIVACY AND SECURITY
We, Allied Enterprises L.L.C, a limited liability company duly organized under the laws of the United Arab Emirates, under the Commercial License number 203385, whose registered address is at PO Box 30069, Dubai, United Arab Emirates and whose paid share capital is 200,000,000.00 United Emirates Arabic Dirhams (“we”, “us”, “ours”) respect the privacy of all of our users and are committed to protecting information collected through the Website.
Personal information about you may be collected in several ways when you use the Website or any Services.
Please exit the Website immediately if you are accessing the Website in a country or other territory where use of the Website is not permitted.
1 - What categories of Personal Information do we collect?
The Website collects certain information when you interact with it, for example, the Website may collect "Personal Information", which is any information that can be used to identify, directly or indirectly, an individual. The Website may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of Personal Information that we may collect and process about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Website, including when you register, subscribe to any Services including but not limited to interactive services (such as blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or other user forums); enter a competition or promotion, complete a survey or report a problem with the Website: identification data, contact information, postal address, email address;
- Your correct date of birth, which we may require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access the Website if you are not of a legal age to purchase products offered for sale on the Website;
- Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us a correspondence;
- Information necessary to process an order which is placed with us: your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es);
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Website, including the placement of any orders by you: payment information (for example credit card details, or other payment details which you must provide to receive products you have ordered from us), connection data and your taste and preferences; and
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, your computer's IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
You can access and review your Personal Information in the My Account section of the Website.
If your Personal Information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Website you should immediately update or correct your Personal Information (as applicable) by accessing the My Account section on the Website or, alternatively, by contacting our Customer Service as detailed in Section 8 below.
2 - For which purposes do we use your Personal Information?
We collect the above mentioned Personal Information for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party:
- to allow us to process your orders and payment, let you know the status of your order,
- to manage your account and to serve your requests in general,
- On the basis of the data subject's consent:
- to send you our newsletters as well as details of our products, special offers or promotional offers that may be of interest to you,
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us:
- to improve our understanding of your interests and concerns, to improve our understanding of your use of our products, for our internal marketing and demographic studies: we may use your information to make our Website design and products/services better, as we believe that it is also in our legitimate interest to better serve you and respond to your needs.
- for security purposes: we may use information to protect our company, our clients, and our Website against fraud, theft or any wrongdoing which may affect our activity as it is our legitimate interest to ensure the security of our activity.
3 - Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information as permitted by applicable law.
Personal Information may also be shared with other trading divisions within our group of companies, on a need-to-know basis, for the above-mentioned purposes.
Please be aware that if we are requested by any regulatory or government authority investigating any suspected activity to provide your Personal Information, we will be entitled to do so as permitted by applicable law.
We may also disclose your Personal Information onto our carefully selected business partners or to our affiliated companies to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you, subject to your consent.
If you do not want to receive such information anymore, you can just click on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link in our emails, or set up your preferences in your My Account section or simply contact our Customer Service as detailed in Section 8 below and they will assist you in this respect.
From time to time we may disclose Personal Information on a need-to-know basis:
- To our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other third party service providers; and further provided such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- To any prospective seller or buyer of our business or assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions of our Website and other agreements, to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, or protect our rights, property, safety or security and that of our employees, agents, contractors, customers, the visitors of the Website or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4 - Who do we transfer your Personal Information?
In certain cases, and for data hosting purposes Personal Information we collected about you may be transferred to affiliates, service providers, business partners located outside the EU to which Personal Information are disclosed in the GCC countries, Jordan, Lebanon, Canada and Singapore including to entities that are located outside of the European Economic Area, which may not have an adequate level of protection.
We may use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Website, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, the date and time of your access to the Website, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Website;
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes;
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, for example, to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
- To customize or personalize your experience of the Website, for example, so that we can greet you by name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit/debit card sales;
- To monitor your use of the Website in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible, for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Website that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Website that you have not accessed previously.
We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) anonymous statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
Whereas some cookies may be functional to collect information which will allow us to facilitate your browsing such as languages preferences, memorizing log-in, or saving the content of your shopping basket, other cookies also collect information on your behaviour by saving your preferences as detailed above.
While functional cookies may be installed to facilitate your visit of our Website, you may express your choice regarding our cookies through the privacy settings options of your browser which should include features to prevent from storing information on the terminal or processing information already stored on such terminal, unless you turn on the feature to allow such storage or processing.
Each browser has its own cookie management system, you can find information specific to your browser under the “help” menu, where you will be provided with all necessary information about how to set your preferences.
We cannot guarantee the proper functioning of the Website if you choose to disable your cookies. However, your visit to our Website will be significantly enhanced if cookies are not disabled.
6 - How long do We keep your Personal Information for?
Personal Information collected for the purposes hereunder will be stored only as long as necessary for the purpose of your commercial relationship with us, or as required to comply with our legal obligations.
If a judicial action is initiated, Personal Information may be stored until the end of such action, including any potential periods for appeal, and will then be deleted or archived as permitted by applicable law.
Your Personal Information will not be kept in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably considered necessary by us for achieving the purposes for which it was collected or processed or as it is established in the applicable laws related to data retention periods.
7 - Your rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights:
(i) Right of access
You have the right to confirm with us whether your Personal Information is processed, and if it is, to request access to that Personal Information including the categories of Personal Information processed, the purpose of the processing and the recipients or categories of recipients.
(ii) Right to rectification
You may have the right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete your Personal Information.
(iii) Right to erasure
You may have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information.
(iv) Right to restriction of processing
In limited circumstances, you may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your Personal Information.
(v) Right to data portability
You may have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit that data to another entity.
(vi) Right to object and rights relating to automated decision-making
Under certain circumstances you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information by us and We can be required to no longer process your Personal Data.
(vii) Right to provide your instructions regarding the storage, deletion or disclosure of your Personal Information after your death.
When your Personal Information processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us at any moment. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
8 - Changes to this Policy